All children deserve the opportunity to achieve their full potential. St. Antony’s fully recognises its responsibilities, under Section 175 of the 2002 Education Act, to have arrangements in place to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
We recognise that for our pupils, high self-esteem, confidence, supportive friends and clear lines of communication with a trusted adult assists with the safeguarding of our children. We will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an ethos where pupils feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Ensure that pupils know where there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty.
- Include in the curriculum activities and opportunities for PSHE, which equip pupils with the skills they need to stay safe from abuse. Further information about these activities and opportunities can be obtained from the College’s PSHE coordinator.
- Include in the curriculum materials which will help pupils develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life.
- Ensure that wherever possible every effort will be made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies/institutions.
Dedicated Child Protection Team
Whilst Child Protection is the responsibility of everyone within the College, we have a dedicated team who work actively to ensure that our children are fully protected and supported. They work closely with outside agencies in order to ensure that our pupils are offered the opportunity to achieve their full potential. Our Child Protection Team consists of:
Mr. Kevin Speake (Designated Child Protection Officer)
Mrs. Pauline Kelly (Education Welfare Officer)
If you have any concerns regarding the safety or welfare of a child please do not hesitate to contact us here at school.
MARAT (Multi-Agency Referral and Assessment Team) – 0161 912 5125
Trafford Safeguarding Children Board – www.tscb.org.uk
Please click on the following link to view Trafford’s safeguarding procedures:
Please click on the following link to view St Antony’s safeguarding policy: