About Culture Club:
Culture Club is a free online holiday provision which will provide arts, culture and cooking activities during the Easter School holidays. Culture Club is available to young people 11-16 years, during the school holidays.
The Culture Club project is driven by the mission to improve young people’s mental health, encourage social interaction, combat boredom and isolation, build community cohesion, tackle food poverty, promote healthy lifestyles and independent living skills through cooking, creativity and celebration of arts and culture.
Culture Club will provide:
· Culture Club is an online holiday provision available to young people 11-16 years
· Creative group sessions for young people online to socialise and express themselves through arts and culture.
· These include Visual Art, Drama, Poetry and Lyric/ Rap/ Spoken Word writing with Young Identity, clay making with Clay studio, Street Dance, Bhangracise and Make up tutorials. 15x places available on each session.
· We will provide free art packs to those signed up to art sessions.
· We will provide clay supplies for making clay pots.
· Online group cooking sessions for young people to create simple meals using achievable recipes with their free ingredients, to socialise, learn new skills in the kitchen with or without support from parents/carers
· We have 6x cooking sessions in total, 10x places available on each.
· We will deliver free food packs to each young person signed up for cooking sessions.
· We will provide healthy recipes for lunches to ease the chore of thinking up new exciting recipes.
· Creative Unwind group wellbeing sessions for parents and carers online to socialise, be creative or just unwind through arts and culture with an Art Therapist
· Community Connecting sessions which brings parents/carers and key local services together for informative, supportive talks and conversations online.
· We have confirmed Kooth, The Proud Trust, Salford Foundation, Trafford Youth Cabinet and Talk Shop.
If young people or their parents/carers would like to book onto sessions, please complete a form on the website by following this link below: