Peer Mentors are a group of Year 10 students who provide support to our Year 7 students as they make the transition from primary to secondary.
- A familiar face
- Someone with experience of the school
- A critical friend
What do they do?
- Meet with their mentee on a regular basis
- Help out with simple problems
- Can talk to teachers on mentee’s behalf
At the end of Year 9 all students are given the opportunity to apply to become a Peer Mentor. This is usually followed by an interview and then training to ensure that candidates are suitable. To complete the first stage of the 2020/2021 application process please complete the online form found at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RNZ1a6HYpIVBfSYaVILPJGaM5hvxWFiIhW9ixz5vUGw/edit by Friday the 22nd of May 2020 and Mr Parker-Smith and Ms Harris will be in touch.
How do I get a Peer Mentor?
- If you are already at the school then please speak to your form tutor.
- If you are in year 6 and think you would like a Peer Mentor when you start at St Antony’s then speak to Mrs Adderley when they visit your primary school or contact the school.