The Governors and Senior Leadership Team of St Antony’s Catholic College recognise that educational visits play a significant part in the development of young people, adding to many aspects of the curriculum and broadening their experiences. They fully support and encourage all visits that are correctly planned, managed and conducted provided that they cause minimum disruption to learning and that they uphold the Catholic ethos and values of the school.
Recent educational visits include:
- CCF trips to Portsmouth, the Lake District and Dartmouth
- Harry Potter Studio Tour, London
- Manchester University trips for Years 7-9
- Yr10 & Yr11 GCSE Art & Design Manchester photography trip
- Yr10 GCSE Art & Design London Trip to Victoria & Albert Museum
- Yr9 Careers visit to UK Fast and Morson International
- Yr11 trip to Museum of Science and Industry
- Yr8 trip to Jodrell Bank
- 3 day residential with PE GCSE students
- Year 7 residential at Kingswood/Colomendy
- Year 10 Greater Manchester Higher Campus Visit to the University of Salford
- DoE Silver Practice Expedition
- Theatre trips to watch Macbeth and Jekyll & Hyde
- BTEC Music trip to Zion Arts Centre
Other annual holidays and trips include:
Romania – Mrs Adderley, Mrs Doherty, Mr Derbyshire and a group of St Antony’s students once again helped in a school in Cornatel, outside Sibiu, Romania in July 2018. Many fund raising activities took place in order to take resources out to these children. Whilst at the school the staff and pupils worked with a large group of orphans and disadvantaged children. Mrs Adderley and Mrs Doherty are leading the project again this year with another group of Year 10 students.
Alton Towers – those students with 100% attendance throughout the year are taken to Alton Towers during the end of the summer term at a greatly subsidised rate.
Chateau Beaumont, France – The French department took a group of lower school pupils to Chateau Beaumont, Normandy during the February Half Term 2019. This is always a very popular trip with many fun activities and a full day spent at Disneyland, Paris .
Artesina, Italy – In December 2018 Mr Brownbill, Mr Speake, Mrs Harris, Mrs Doherty, Mrs Adderley and Mrs Stephenson all hit the slopes with a group of students from Yr8,9 & 10 . The school trip was an exciting opportunity for students to experience a new sport, as well as a new culture, form friendships and create fantastic memories, which we hope they will look back on fondly for many years to come. As it was such a success, Mr Brownbill will be leading on another trip for 2019.
The choir performed throughout the year at Salford Cathedral, St Antony’s Church and at John Lewis in the Trafford Centre.