Thanks to your kindness, Caritas Salford was able to support 5,000 families across our diocese this year*. To see the difference that your generous support makes, please view the short film – #Loved – produced for this Advent, by visiting http://www.caritassalford.org.uk/advent-2021/
You’ve helped provide:
- A safe place to live for young parents and their infant child with 24/7 support
- Financial grants to families facing a crisis, illness or poverty
- 1:1 advice sessions with our trained staff for as long as it takes
- Food parcels and shopping vouchers
- Essential household items and toiletries
- School uniform, shoes and Christmas treats/presents
*2019/20 Caritas Salford’s Impact Report
So, at a time of year when help to those in need matters more than ever, we ask for your continued prayers and donations, so that we can continue this transformative work with children and families.
Caritas Salford operates:
- 24/7 supported accommodation in Blackburn and Bolton for young parents, providing safety and preparation for independent living
- Professional social workers and trained counsellors in schools supporting children and their families
- Refugee education, response services and community sponsorship for families seeking refuge and a new life in Greater Manchester and Lancashire.
- Trained and experienced staff in our centres (Cornerstone, Lalley Centre and Red Door) giving 1:1 advice and support that helps people to transform their lives